- Low in calorie, it helps in weight loss.
- Good for the digestive tract, it prevents constipation, diarrhea, and indigestion.
- Being anti-inflammatory, it protects against joint damage in Arthritis (OA & RA).
- Being cooling in nature, it is good for vomiting & jaundice in liver disorders like Jaundice.
- Rich source of Vitamin C & potassium; it provides immunity and prevents scurvy & high blood pressure.
According to modern research, it prevents cancer cell mobility in the circulatory system and has specific action against cancer cells in the Pancreas, Colon & Breast.
According to Ayurveda, The fruit is believed to calm aggravated Vaat and Pitta. It stimulates the production of saliva. If taken in large quantity, it aggravates pitta in the body causing heartburn, sore throat and burning sensation in the digestive tract. Pregnant women and kidney patients should take the juice in minimal to moderate quantity only. Mosambi must be avoided during Cold, cough, sore throat, congestion and active peptic ulcer disease (severe hyperacidity). In small or moderate quantity, it neutralizes gastric acid, therefore beneficial in general hyperacidity and GERD.